Getting a break from the stress of daily life is important. Ignoring the need for a break can lead to lots of health problems in the future. For some people, escaping into a world of fantasy with the help of the iconic game known as Dungeons and Dragons (DnD) is something they enjoy. In fact, there are over 13 million active DnD players around the world.
Playing this game will require both an active imagination and the right equipment. One of the most important pieces you will need before beginning your game is DnD dice. The following is some important information you need to know about these dice.
Information About DnD Dice
The first thing you need to know about DnD dice is that they typically come in a set of six. In this set, you will receive certain dice like:
- The D20- This is the most used game die. It generally determines important gameplay elements like who goes first and how accurate a particular strike is.
- The D12- In most cases, the D12 die will determine the amount of damage done during a battle.
- The D10- When casting spells or using particular weapons, the D10 die will determine the damage done.
- The D8-If the player is wielding a weapon with one hand, then the damage this weapon does is determined by the D8 die.
- The D6- This die has the same shape and numbering as dice used in popular games like Yahtzee and Monopoly. Just like the other dice mentioned previously, attack damage is determined when rolling this die.
- The D4- The DnD universe has both large and small weapons. If a player uses a smaller weapon during battle, the D4 die will determine the damage it does.
Now that you know more about DnD dice, we will cover what you need to look for when buying these essential game pieces.
Considerations to Make When Buying DnD Dice
Whether you are buying DnD dice from D20 Collective or a local supplier, there are few things you need to figure out first. One of the main things to keep in mind when buying these dice is who your character is. These dice come in a variety of different colors, which means you need to match the color of the die you are using to your character. Dungeons and Dragons is all about matching the visuals and concepts to make an immersive gaming experience.
You also need to consider the size of the dice as well. The most common DnD dice on the market will be around ¾ of an inch. There are dice on the market that are both smaller and far larger than this standard side. If you need to have bigger numbers in order to be able to see them, the larger the dice the better.
Working With An Experienced Supplier is a Good Idea
If you are new to the world of DnD, you will need the help of an experienced dice supplier. By getting this assistance, you can avoid making mistakes during the purchasing process.