Parallels is a software company that develops virtualization software for macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, and Linux. Parallels’ flagship product, Parallels Desktop, allows users to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer. This is useful for a variety of purposes, such as running Windows applications on a Mac, testing different operating systems, or developing software for multiple platforms. What’s more, with many games not available on Mac, such as FIFA titles and EASports FC, this enables a method to play them in-directly on Mac.
Parallels Desktop is available in two editions: Standard and Pro. The Standard edition includes all of the essential features for running multiple operating systems simultaneously, such as the ability to create, run, and manage virtual machines, share files and folders between the host and guest operating systems, and use Coherence mode to run Windows applications side-by-side with macOS applications.
The Pro edition of Parallels Desktop includes additional features such as the ability to run multiple virtual machines simultaneously, record and replay virtual machine sessions, and create linked clones of virtual machines. Parallels Desktop Pro is also compatible with a wider range of hardware, including Thunderbolt devices and external graphics cards.
In addition to Parallels Desktop, Parallels also offers a number of other virtualization products, including:
- Parallels RAS: A remote application server that allows users to access virtual applications and desktops from anywhere in the world.
- Parallels Awingu: A cloud-based remote access solution that enables users to access apps, desktops, and files from any browser.
- Parallels Desktop for ChromeOS: A software solution that allows users to run full-featured Windows applications directly on Chrome Enterprise and Education devices.
Parallels’ virtualization products are used by a wide range of customers, including businesses, schools, and government agencies. Parallels’ products are known for their ease of use, performance, and reliability.
Benefits of using Parallels
There are many benefits to using Parallels’ virtualization products. Some of the key benefits include:
- Increased productivity: Parallels allows users to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single computer. This can be a huge boost to productivity, as it allows users to run Windows applications alongside macOS applications without having to switch back and forth between different machines.
- Reduced costs: Parallels can help businesses to reduce their costs by eliminating the need to purchase separate computers for each operating system. Parallels also allows businesses to consolidate their IT resources, which can lead to further cost savings.
- Improved security: Parallels can help to improve security by isolating different operating systems from each other. This means that if one operating system is compromised, the other operating systems will not be affected.
- Increased flexibility: Parallels gives users the flexibility to run any operating system on their computer, regardless of the hardware platform. This is especially useful for businesses that need to support multiple operating systems or for developers who need to test their applications on different platforms.
Use cases for Parallels
Parallels can be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Running Windows applications on a Mac: Parallels is a popular way to run Windows applications on a Mac. Parallels allows users to run Windows in a virtual machine, which means that Windows can be run alongside macOS without having to switch back and forth between different computers.
- Testing different operating systems: Parallels is a useful tool for testing different operating systems. Parallels allows users to create virtual machines for different operating systems, which makes it easy to switch between operating systems without having to install them natively on the computer.
- Developing software for multiple platforms: Parallels is a popular tool for developing software for multiple platforms. Parallels allows developers to create and run virtual machines for different operating systems, which makes it easy to test and debug software on multiple platforms.
- Running business applications: Parallels can be used to run business applications on a variety of devices, including Macs, PCs, and Chromebooks. Parallels RAS and Parallels Awingu make it easy to deliver business applications to users from anywhere in the world.
Parallels is a leading provider of virtualization software for macOS, Windows, ChromeOS, and Linux. Parallels’ products are used by a wide range of customers, including businesses, schools, and government agencies. Parallels’ products are known for their ease of use, performance, and reliability.
If you are looking for a way to run multiple operating systems simultaneously on your computer, or if you need to access business applications from anywhere in the world, then Parallels is a great option.
- Parallels website: parallels.com