Sometimes, it’s not enough to play using the standard controller bundled with your console. If you’re serious about your gaming experience, then you might be thinking of upgrading to something with some real firepower behind it. There is, of course, Microsoft’s own Xbox Elite controller, but that’s a pretty expensive option, so you might be looking for something a bit more affordable. If you are, then we’re happy to report that Nacon has you covered.
The Nacon Revolution X Pro controller is a premium Xbox and PC peripheral that’s intended for people who are serious about gaming. This isn’t the kind of controller you buy when you just need something to keep an occasional second player happy; it’s intended to be a daily driver, the controller you use for your biggest and best multiplayer conquests. With that in mind, what kind of features can you expect from the Revolution X Pro? Let’s take a look at it!
Price – how much does the Nacon Revolution X Pro cost?
The Revolution X Pro is a hefty controller, and it has a hefty price tag to match. According to the official Nacon website, you’ll be paying almost 100 euro for this; the site lists a price tag of €99.90, although you may be able to find it elsewhere for a little less. Don’t expect to pay under £80 or so if you’re buying in the UK, though. Make no mistake: this is a professional-grade controller that’s built to last, and its price is intended to reflect that.
Colours – is the Revolution X Pro available in any other colours?
Unlike some of Nacon’s other controller options, you’re not going to find the Revolution X Pro available in any other colours. This controller is only available in black right now, which might be an issue if you’ve got an Xbox Series S, for instance, and you want the controller’s aesthetic to match that of the console. Of course, the controller itself is pretty stylish-looking, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem no matter what machine you’re using it with.
Compatibility – what can I use the Revolution X Pro with?
As with other Nacon options, the Revolution X Pro is designed for use with Xbox platforms and PC. This means you can use it with an Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, as well as the Xbox One if you want to. It won’t be compatible with PlayStation consoles, and you won’t be able to use it with the Xbox 360, so bear that in mind when you’re deciding whether or not you want to pick it up. For more modern consoles and PCs, however, it’s a perfect accompaniment.
Features – what does the Revolution X Pro offer?
Since this is a premium-grade controller intended for pro gaming use, it’s got a feature set to match. As you’d imagine, the Revolution X Pro comes complete with a suite of customisation options and features, so you can pretty much set it up to do whatever you like, within reason. Here’s a list of the stuff you can look forward to if you decide to pick up a Revolution X Pro!
- 4 shortcut buttons. The Revolution X Pro comes with 4 extra buttons on the back, and you can assign those buttons to a series of shortcuts or button macros. This will let you get to commands more quickly so that you don’t miss any shots or calls when your team is talking strategy.
- Interchangeable sticks. You can swap out the tops and bases of your analog sticks on the Nacon Revolution X Pro, so if you don’t like the feel of the standard sticks, you’ve got options. This is especially useful when you consider that sticks are often subject to wear over time.
- Weight compartments. Sometimes, controllers don’t feel like the right weight in your hands. If that’s the case when you unbox the Revolution X Pro, you’ll be pleased to know that you can add or remove weight from the controller in order to get it feeling exactly as you want it.
- Customisable software. Downloading the accompanying software from the Microsoft Store will allow you to further customise and change the Revolution X Pro however you want. You can change button mapping, response curves for both the sticks and the triggers, alter the D-pad’s functionality, and do lots more as well. Suffice it to say that if you’ve got a Revolution X Pro, you don’t want to be without the software.
- Dolby Atmos audio. If you connect a headset to the Revolution X Pro, you can enjoy Dolby Atmos audio, helping you to get immersed in your game even more.
My Revolution X Pro isn’t working. What should I do?
If you buy a Revolution X Pro and you find that it’s not working, then you have a number of different options available to you. Here are some of the troubleshooting steps you should try if you find this to be the case.
- Use a different USB port. This isn’t a wireless controller, so changing the USB port might help if you’re experiencing connection issues.
- Try a different USB-C cable. The Revolution X Pro comes with a detachable USB-C cable, so you could try a different cable to identify whether or not the cable itself is at fault.
- Download the software. It’s a good idea to download the Revolution X Pro software on PC, whether or not you’re going to use the controller for PC gaming.
Contact Nacon support. If nothing else works, then it’s time to contact Nacon support and see if there’s anything they can do for you. Hopefully, your controller is still within its warranty period.