If you’ve recently discovered online gaming, it’s easy to see how much fun it can be. Just as many things in life, online gaming requires dedication to learning the ropes first. It’s unlikely you’ll start out as an expert. Even if you start out playing as a casual hobby, online gaming can be a way for you to make money – if you build your skills. Here’s a cheat sheet for some of the most popular online games for beginners.
Minecraft has been one of the most popular online games for over ten years now. With players ranging in age from elementary school children to retirees, there’s a little something for everyone in Minecraft. If you’re new to Minecraft, you may be wondering how to get started and get up to speed with all of the experienced players already out there.
Tips for mastering Minecraft:
- Build a shelter first to give yourself protection during the game.
- Familiarize yourself with the process of “crafting.” In Minecraft world crafting is an essential part of staying in the game; it’s a process of creating the items that you will need to live and survive in Minecraft.
- Build a crafting table early so that you can build the rest of the items you need.
- Ian Garsting, from com, says, “First things first – chop down a tree and gather wool from three sheep. The wood and wool allow you to make a bed which acts as a future spawn point as well as a way to avoid the night creatures at the beginning of the game.”
- Watch for the aggressive mobs throughout the game. Mobs are groups of creatures–some of which are dangerous.
Online poker is one of the most lucrative online games for modern gamers. It does take a great deal of patience and skill, along with the ability to think ahead while you’re playing. There are many resources available that can help you improve your skills and become a great online poker player.
- Understand your hands. Know when to hold and when to fold isn’t just a line in a song – it’s truly a skill that you learn to acquire when playing poker. You need to understand what you’re holding in your hands and determine if you’re better off to hold or play the hand you have.
- Place your bets in a way that causes others to fold. In other words, if you have a great hand, play a higher amount as your bet. At a minimum, this will cause those that are not too sure about their own hands to go ahead and fold, leaving the playing field a bit smaller for you.
- Make the same bet size every time during a game, so that you don’t give your clues away about what’s in your hand to other players.
- Improve logic and strategy skills to help improve your poker playing ability. Brain games are great for this.
Pokemon Go took the world by storm in 2016, releasing on iOS and Android devices. The game is unique in that it allows players to play along with the characters virtually – by moving physically and going to locations that are designated as Pokemon Gyms; players can battle other players and increase their lifespan in the game. Each player is considered a Pokemon trainer with the ultimate goal of catching as many Pokemon as you can. The more you move around, the more Pokemon you’ll likely find, providing an incentive for all players to get up and move.
Tips for playing Pokemon Go:
- Keep exploring Pokemon in different geographical areas to have opportunities to catch new Pokemon and improve the quality of the ball used to catch Pokemon.
- Watch the lower right corner of the game to see clues that there are Pokemon nearby. Usually, you’ll see rustling grass, which indicates they are hiding nearby.
- The geographic areas and the time of day determine the types of Pokemon that you may find. Water areas yield water-loving Pokemon, and nighttime brings out the nocturnal Pokemon.
Whether you want to play for fun or relaxation or you want to become an avid gamer, use these tips to get started on some of the most popular games and build your gaming skills.