Checking out the front pages of some of the most popular online casinos on the web, you may have noticed that one of the first information given to you is about the bonuses. You can immediately see some details such as “100% up to $200 + 20 free spins” or something along those lines.
If you’re a seasoned online gambler, you know exactly what that means. On the other hand, if you’re a novice player, you probably have a lot of questions.
Luckily for you, we are here to provide you with a brief guide to online casino bonuses. Learn what types of bonuses there are, how to unlock them, and more. Read on!
What Are Casino Bonuses?
Casino bonuses are extra funds the casino operator releases to you once you meet certain criteria. A lot of casinos have the so-called welcome bonus that rewards you as a new player on their website. These kinds of bonuses are usually unlocked once you deposit money into your account for the first time, but they can also be labeled as no deposit bonuses.
Apart from welcome offers, casinos can have periodical promotions, giving you extra funds every week, month, on your birthday, on special holidays, and more. Some operators offer bonuses if you deposit with a specific payment method. One such bonus is Bitcoin bonus in Vegas Casino.
Types of Casino Bonuses
There are several different types of bonuses frequently seen on casino sites:
- Matching bonuses – If a casino offers, for example, a 100% match bonus, that means your initial deposit will be doubled and you will get to play with twice as much money.
- No deposit bonuses – This bonus is free. You won’t have to risk anything, just register on the website and start playing.
- Reload bonuses – These bonuses can be used more than once. They can be unlocked every week or month, depending on the website’s rules.
- Loyalty bonuses – After you’ve played on a certain casino site for a while, you might get a VIP status. Casinos reward their most loyal players by giving them access to bonuses that can’t be used by new players.
- Refer a friend – Although they are not common, refer-a-friend bonuses are offered by some casino operators. If you invite a buddy to play on the same site as you, both of you will get extra funds for gambling.
- Free spins – On top of some money bonuses, you might also get free spins to use on your favorite video slots.
How to Unlock Casino Bonuses?
Casino bonuses are easy to obtain but you still have to pay attention to specific details associated with the bonus in order to unlock it.
Some bonuses require bonus codes that you need to type in during your registration process. Another thing you need to pay close attention to is the minimum deposit. Find out how much money you need to fund your account with before the bonus can be released to you.
You can learn how to unlock a certain bonus by reading the Bonus Terms and Conditions page on the casino site you’re playing on. There, you will see information about minimum deposits, currency and payment method restrictions, possible geographical restrictions, time limitations, and other details.
At first, all casino bonuses seem great. It’s free money to play with, right? Well, there’s a catch. To protect themselves from losing, casinos keep their edge by attaching wagering, or rollover, requirements to each bonus they offer.
Wagering requirements represent the number of times you have to play your bonus over before you can withdraw your money. For example, if you deposit $100 and the match bonus rewards you with another $100, you will have a total of $200 in your account, but you won’t be able to withdraw that money until you play some games. If the wagering requirements are, for example, 30x, that means you need to play your bonus ($100) 30 times before you can withdraw anything that’s left of your winnings.
The lower the wagering requirements, the better your chances of actually winning something with your bonus. Of course, there are some no wagering bonuses, but these are usually small and not frequent.
Bonuses are an excellent way to kick-start your casino adventure if you don’t have much money to spend. We hope that this article provided you with some much-needed information about casino bonuses and that you now know how to use them. Remember to always gamble responsibly and read the terms and conditions so you can understand the rules of each bonus.